Summer Or Winter
Nordic Walking is type of activity, where regular natural walking can be learnt, added to the activity you use of a pair of specially designed Nordic Walking poles. However, the characteristics of natural, correct walking and appropriate posture are maintained in all aspects.
It also means that the arm movements of the correct NW technique respect the range of movement of natural walking. Additionally there are some features of Cross-country skiing (Classical technique) involved.
Technically correct use of poles actively involves the upper body into the work of walking, to propel the body forward. The physical strain is distributed in a versatile, balanced and appropriate way to various muscle groups of the whole body.
Nordic Walking is a safe, natural, dynamic, efficient and suitable-for-all form of a physical activity that trains the body in an holistic, symmetric and balanced way.
The overall goal of Nordic Walking is a general physical and mental well-being.
The benefits of Nordic Walking are:
- Correct body alignment and correct posture
- Natural movements that engage the muscles of the upper and lower body as well as the core
- Training of the whole body
- Intensity of training can easily be adapted for individual needs
- Learned skills that can be transferred to everyday life
- Physical exercise suitable for all, irrespective of age, sex or physical condition
- A non-competitive physical activity
We at Wild Spirit have also incorporated the husky dogs to our nordic walking, although, you need to have had some previous nordic walking experience without the dogs before you can add the dogs to your nordic walking.
To join for Nordic walking courses you can click on our calendar, or if you would like to book a private session or holiday you can email us for more information.
Price: 450 Sek per hour
Group discounts: yes